The competitive arena awaits students with the chance to excel in public speaking, debating, web design, student newspapers, environmental management and much more.
Explore the DET arts unit's website to find out about state-based and national debating, public speaking and spelling events.
The academic opportunities of the school provide a set of broad learning outcomes which summarise the knowledge, understanding, skills, values and attitudes essential for all students to succeed in and beyond their schooling. These broad learning outcomes indicate that students will:
- understand, develop and communicate ideas and information
- access, analyse, evaluate and use information from a variety of sources
- work collaboratively with others to achieve individual and collective goals
- possess the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain a safe and healthy lifestyle
- understand and appreciate the physical, biological and technological world and make responsible and informed decisions in relation to their world
- understand and appreciate the social, cultural, geographical and historical contexts, and participate as active and inform citizens
- express themselves through creative activity and engage with the artistic, cultural and intellectual work of others
- understand and apply a variety of analytical and creative techniques to solve problems
- understand, interpret and apply concepts related to numerical and spatial patterns, structures and relationships
- be productive, creative and confident in the use of technology and understand the impact of technology on society
- understand the work environment and be equipped with the knowledge, understanding and skills to evaluate potential career options and pathways
- develop a system of personal values based on their understanding of moral, ethical and spiritual matters.